Advice for Those Suffering From Hair Loss
Losing your hair can be a confidence-crusher. Sure, you may make jokes about it around your friends and family or laugh about it on occasion, but it still bothers you.
A healthy head of hair is something we all had at one point…
…and then to lose it can be tragic and depressing. Or maybe you are like me and this is a silent struggle that you are trying to battle on by yourself.
I am sure you already know if you are suffering from hair loss, Whether its thinning hair, bald patches or lots of hair coming out in your hands when in the shower, its pretty horrible. If you are like me you’ve probably looked around at the dozens of remedies that offer guaranteed solutions – whether they are creams, lotions or shampoos many will have little or no effect while costing you a considerable amount of cash.
I’ve been there and it is very frustrating not to mention depressing as hell!
There are many factors that can contribute to causes of thinning hair, from the wrong diet, illness, stress or poor hair care to basic genetics. It is determining these factors which is the most significant step to combating hair loss. This could also include a visit to your doctor.
Most people that search for a solution to their hair loss use the creams or scalp lotions or shampoos but current studies suggest that effective results can be achieved by treating the hair from inside i.e. through the blood stream.
The great remedies below might be the solution for you!
Hair Falling Out?
When it comes to healthy hair, its all about the hair follicle!
It’s when nutrients can’t reach the hair follicle that the hair stops growing and / or falls out.
In most cases nutrients are stopped from reaching the follicle because of barrier that forms around it. There are now supplements available which break down this barrier enabling nutrients to reach your hair follicles reducing thinning hair and in most cases stimulating the growth of new hair.
Minoxidil is an especially effective treatment that uses this effect, and is the only ingredient approved by the FDA and clinically proven to reduce hair loss and improve hair regrowth. Provillus is a product that has minoxidil and important vitamins and nutrients that can regrow hair in men and women. If the remedies below are not an option for you why not give it a try? They have a 90 day money back guarantee – that’s 3 months!
The Top 5 Home Remedies For Hair Growth And Hair Loss
Here is my Top 5 things you can try to help combat hair loss and start getting some hair back.
Pay close attention to number 4 – that in itself has a couple of home do it your self treatments with things you can try around the house – not that the others are any less important!
Combined all together these tips and ideas can have your hair and your confidence start to return.
1. Diet, Exercise and General Health
A healthy balanced diet and regular exercise is an important factor in reducing hair loss. It is vitally important that your body is getting all the vitamins and minerals it needs, whats good for the body is also good for your hair!
However too much of certain vitamins (A and E) have been show to actually increase hair loss. So don’t go overboard on vitamin supplements!
Here are some healthy snacks guaranteed to add length to your locks, by providing the vitamins needed for hair growth (But you have to eat them on a regular basis).
- Fish liver oils
- Dark green vegetables
- Yellow Vegetables
Hair loss also might be a sign of another underlying issue such as hypothyroidism that has your nutrient balance out of kilter. Do you have any other health conditions or issues? In this case it would be a good idea to go to the doctor and get this checked out and resolved.
Exercise is also important in improving the blood flow to your scalp and so to your follicles. There are of course many other benefits to a balanced diet and exercise.
2. Be Nice To Your Hair!
Avoid aggressive manipulation of the hair when styling etc. If you use hair straighteners or curling irons, make sure to also use thermal protect ant . Overheating the follicles will only make it more likely to increase hair fall.
Don’t pull your hair when brushing or combing and when using tightly bound styles like ponytails etc. Also never tug or pull on hair when its wet.
This especially applies to long hair – if its tangled don’t try and comb through a whole bunch of knots, try and separate the strands down to the individual strands. Yeah its a pain and takes longer, but your hair will thank your for it. Also its far less painful!
If you get too impatient and pull the hair it can easily tear causing unnecessary breakage. De-tangle gently from the ends upward using the fingers first followed by a wide-tooth comb.
HAIR TIP! ** Try to avoid elastics on your hair! Never pull or tug at the hair when pulling it back in a ponytail. If you choose to put your hair in a ponytail don’t do it too often to avoid damage, friction and breakage.
3. Stress Factors in Causes of Baldness And Hair Thinning
Can stress cause hair loss?
High stress has been shown to be associated with hair loss – and specifically 3 types of hair loss are known to occur with people have high stress levels:
- Alopecia areata. This happens when the bodies immune system gets confused, and starts attacking the hair follicles, causing hair to fall out. Its thought that one of the factors that cause alopecia areata are severe stress.
- Telogen effluvium. With telogen effluvium, a situation develops where high stress causes lots of the hair follicles into a kind of “rest” phase. If this continues over a period of say months, the hairs that are affected might suddenly fall out when washing or combing your hair. Note that stress is only one of the factors in this condition – vitamin deficiency can come in to play here as well.
- Trichotillomania. More of a psychological condition rather than a problem specific to the condition of the hair itself, Trichotillomania is an compulsive urge to pull hair out from the head, or eyebrows or other parts of the body. Its associated with people who are trying to deal with feelings of stress, tension or frustration.
So Reduce stress in your daily life – Your hair will love you for it!
4. Some Natural Home Remedies For Hair Growth!
The positive thing about using natural hair growth remedies is that there are no side effects associated with them, unlike the drugs that are available in the market. Below are several washes and pastes that can be prepared and applied in the privacy and comfort of your home.
- Applying henna to hair deep conditions it. Henna is a traditional and widely used treatment for hair growth. This herb originates in the tropics and first recorded use was in Ancient Egypt. Henna is also used as a natural dye. Henna can also be mixed with other herbs like gooseberry, coffee and lemon juice. This mixture is a very good cure for hair fall. (Ensure that the henna you are using is natural henna only – other types of henna products may contain all sorts of products that are not good for you or your hair – read product labels carefully)
- Massage your hair with warm coconut milk. Take a fresh green coconut and massage some warm coconut milk into the hair. Keep this on for an hour and a half. This will make the hair soft and healthy. Alternatively use virgin cold pressed coconut oil. (A tablespoon taken internally on a daily basis is also great for hair and general health!)
- Use Aloe Vera gel on the hair once in a week and wash your hair. Aloe vera is one of the oldest medicinal plants in the world, and one of the most widely used. With a large range of vitamins – Vitamin B Group, Vitamin B12, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E and folic acid, its a great way to get these nutrients into the hair follicles and enhance conditions for growth!
- Hair loss can sometimes be caused by infection that harms the follicle. You can get rid of this infection with a cup of fresh Neem leaves that have been boiled for 5 minutes, Use the water as a rinse after shampooing. Neem is considered as a natural disinfectant and doesn’t damage the hair shaft. The leaves contain several compounds that are anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. It is also known to cure dandruff, which can also contribute to hair loss (see number 5 for another natural dandruff treatment!)
- Honey mixed with a warm olive oil and a teaspoonful of cinnamon powder rubbed into the scalp. This should be left on the scalp for around 15 minutes. This helps in hair growth and helps in keeping the hair soft and shiny. Honey has had a place in traditional medicine for centuries, for its anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory on wounds and skin conditions. This also applies to cinnamon and is a strong antioxidant. Olive oil has Vitamin E and K and other beneficial components to the hair (Extra Virgin is best). This combination will improve the condition of the scalp and the hair follicles if used on a regular basis. And of course, making these ingredients part of your diet cant hurt either!
- Crushed olive leaves mixed with vinegar should be applied on the hair. This a great remedy for hair loss. Olive leaf is another plant used for medicine since ancient times and can help battle fungi, bacteria, and viruses. Again another possible treatment against the fungus that causes dandruff. Vinegar has also been used in the ancient world as an disinfectant. For cases where infection could be the root cause of hair loss, this treatment could help.
- A paste made of honey and egg yolk can also be used for hair growth. To counter the smell caused by egg can be countered by rinsing the hair with lemon juice. The egg yolk is rich in fats and proteins which will also act as a natural moisturizer. We already mentioned honey above, and lemon you can also read about in remedy 5 below. This remedy can be used once a month – rinse out with cold water.
5. Fix The Dry Scalp And Dandruff!
Dandruff is one of the causes of Hair loss.
Dandruff is caused by a fungus known as malazzesia globosa. This fungus is commonly found floating in the air which is why dandruff can be treated, but not cured.
Studies have shown that with only 90 minutes of continuous scratching by the fingernails, it is possible to remove all of the cuticular scale, a protective covering on individual hairs, off of a hair shaft. This loss leaves the hair shaft weakened and permanently damaged, making it easily susceptible to breakage and hair loss.
The most effective dandruff shampoos and conditioners contain zinc pyrithione.
These ingredients leave behind thin plate-like pieces of medicine on the scalp to prevent regrowth of the fungus, thus acting as a preventive measure for both dandruff and the hair loss associated with scratching.
Therefore, don’t just ignore the itch, invest in proper treatment.
Want a natural, cheap tip to get rid of dandruff?
Step 1: Get 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, mix it into your scalp. then rinse out with water.
Step 2: Get 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and combine with a cup of water. Rinse your hair with this mixture.
Repeat these steps daily until the dandruff is gone! Its the acidity of the lemon that alters the pH levels of your scalp. This helps keep the dandruff away, and reduce the risk of hair loss.
Also check out some of the tips and remedies here that can also solve your dandruff, which could be contributing to your hair drop.
Are you worried by your hair loss or lack of growth?
It is normal to lose about 100 hairs a day. If you feel that you are losing much more than this it may be a good idea to start a hair loss treatment program…
…Maybe you’ve tried some of the ideas above or they are just not an option for you, and its time to step it up with a product available on the market.
But remember, if you are going to spend cash on it, be sure to use one that has been clinically proven like Provillus…
…It also has a 90 day money back guarantee and some great customer testimonials which could help you in your situation ==> check it out here